Oro Amigo Mine
Oro Amigo Mine is located on the 71-acre Gunship Helicopters shooting range. The Oro Amigo was primarily a copper mine and was part of the original Goodsprings Mining District. Three claims were located in June of 1905, and the fourth sometime in 1917. There was some exploration from an upper tunnel in the early days, but most of the work, including the 600-foot-long lower tunnel, was done after the incorporation of the company in 1916. The only recorded production has been a single car of copper ore that shipped in 1917. Overall, the Oro Amigo Mine has over 1,000 feet of tunneling and two levels. There are three adits and shafts.